The authors thank the children and parents who participated in the study. They also thank Eva Leermann and Elvira Plath for help with data collection, Sandy Kennert and Jutta Schulze for help with coding, and Tobias Grossmann for helpful discussions and comments on the manuscript. This research was partially supported by a grant from the Excellence Cluster 302: Languages of Emotion.
Young Children Selectively Avoid Helping People With Harmful Intentions
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Child Development © 2010 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 81, Issue 6, pages 1661–1669, November/December 2010
How to Cite
Vaish, A., Carpenter, M. and Tomasello, M. (2010), Young Children Selectively Avoid Helping People With Harmful Intentions. Child Development, 81: 1661–1669. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01500.x
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.