We thank the schools, parents, and children who made this research possible, and Julian Blanck for help with data collection. We also thank Allard Feddes and Ilka Gleibs for comments on earlier drafts of this article. Preparation of this article was supported by a doctoral fellowship of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (GRK 622) awarded to the first author. This article is based on the first author’s PhD thesis, and portions of this article were presented at the 15th General Meeting of the European Association of Experimental Social Psychology in Opatija, Croatia.
Friendship Preferences Among German and Turkish Preadolescents
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 3, pages 812–829, May/June 2011
How to Cite
Jugert, P., Noack, P. and Rutland, A. (2011), Friendship Preferences Among German and Turkish Preadolescents. Child Development, 82: 812–829. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01528.x
- Issue published online: 5 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.