The original research and analyses presented in this article were supported by grants from IES (# R305LO30003) and W. T. Grant Foundation (#1656) to Lawrence Aber (PI) and from W. T. Grant Foundation (#7520) and NIMH (#1R01MH082085-01A2) to Joshua Brown and Stephanie Jones (PIs). The authors are very grateful to Tom Roderick and his entire staff at the Morningside Center for their talent at and commitment to developing and implementing the 4Rs (Reading, Writing, Respect, and Resolution) and to a rigorous external evaluation of the 4Rs. The authors are also enormously grateful to the many postdoctoral fellows, doctoral students, and research assistants at New York University, Fordham University, and Harvard University who have helped in every phase of the work reported here, from data collection through data analysis. Finally, we are grateful to the many thousands of students, hundreds of teachers, and dozens of schools who have made this work possible.
Two-Year Impacts of a Universal School-Based Social-Emotional and Literacy Intervention: An Experiment in Translational Developmental Research
Article first published online: 10 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 2, pages 533–554, March/April 2011
How to Cite
Jones, S. M., Brown, J. L. and Lawrence Aber, J. (2011), Two-Year Impacts of a Universal School-Based Social-Emotional and Literacy Intervention: An Experiment in Translational Developmental Research. Child Development, 82: 533–554. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01560.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 10 MAR 2011
- Second revision submitted to Child Development on January 5, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.