We thank the children, preschool teachers, and parents very much for their participation in this research. We are also very grateful to anonymous reviewers who gave us insightful comments on the earlier version of our manuscript. This research was supported by Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology awarded to Etsuko Haryu (Grants 17330139 and 20330135) and Mutsumi Imai (Grant 18300089).
Object Similarity Bootstraps Young Children to Action-Based Verb Extension
Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 2, pages 674–686, March/April 2011
How to Cite
Haryu, E., Imai, M. and Okada, H. (2011), Object Similarity Bootstraps Young Children to Action-Based Verb Extension. Child Development, 82: 674–686. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01567.x
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.