The Home-School Study of Language and Literacy Development, from which these data come, was supported by grants to Catherine Snow and the first author from the Ford Foundation, the Spencer Foundation, the Agency for Children and Families, Grant 90CD0827, and the W.T. Grant Foundation. The authors are grateful to all for their support; to the families, teachers, and children for their assistance; and to all those who helped on this project, most noteworthy being Catherine Snow, Patton Tabors, Stephanie Ross Harris, Miriam Smith, Linda Cote, Petra Nicholson, and Kevin Roach. An early version of this article was presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Atlanta, GA, April 7, 2005.
Relation Between Language Experiences in Preschool Classrooms and Children’s Kindergarten and Fourth-Grade Language and Reading Abilities
Article first published online: 17 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 3, pages 870–886, May/June 2011
How to Cite
Dickinson, D. K. and Porche, M. V. (2011), Relation Between Language Experiences in Preschool Classrooms and Children’s Kindergarten and Fourth-Grade Language and Reading Abilities. Child Development, 82: 870–886. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01576.x
- Issue published online: 5 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 17 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!