This research was supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec (FRSQ), and the Centre for Research on Language, Mind, and Brain. We would like to thank Elisa-Maude McConnell and Michelle Limoges for the data collection as well as the children and parents who participated. We express our thanks to Erika Hoff, Johanne Paradis, and Maggie Bruck for their very helpful input on an earlier version of this paper.
Language Development in Internationally Adopted Children: A Special Case of Early Second Language Learning
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 3, pages 887–901, May/June 2011
How to Cite
Gauthier, K. and Genesee, F. (2011), Language Development in Internationally Adopted Children: A Special Case of Early Second Language Learning. Child Development, 82: 887–901. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01578.x
- Issue online: 5 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.