This research was supported by National Institute of Mental Health Grant R01 MH57505. We are grateful to the children who participated in this research. We thank Scott Litwack, Molly McDonald, and Haimei Wang for their help in collecting and managing the data. We appreciate the constructive comments provided by the members of the University of Illinois Center for Parent-Child Studies on an earlier version of this article.
Changes in Early Adolescents’ Sense of Responsibility to Their Parents in the United States and China: Implications for Academic Functioning
Article first published online: 5 APR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 4, pages 1136–1151, July/August 2011
How to Cite
Pomerantz, E. M., Qin, L., Wang, Q. and Chen, H. (2011), Changes in Early Adolescents’ Sense of Responsibility to Their Parents in the United States and China: Implications for Academic Functioning. Child Development, 82: 1136–1151. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01588.x
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 5 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.