This project was supported by grant R01 HD042608, NICHD, NIDA, and the Office of the Director, NIH, U.S. PHS (PI Years 1–5: David Reiss, MD; PI Years 6–10: Leslie Leve, PhD). The writing of this manuscript was partially supported by P30 DA023920, NIDA, NIH, U.S. PHS. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development or the National Institutes of Health. We thank the adoptive families who participated in this study, the adoption agency staff members who helped with the recruitment of study participants, Matthew Rabel and Michelle Baumann for editorial assistance, Samuel Simmens and Sally Guyer for data management assistance, and Xiaojia Ge and John Reid for their scientific contributions to the Early Growth and Development Study.
Longitudinal Associations Between Marital Instability and Child Sleep Problems Across Infancy and Toddlerhood in Adoptive Families
Article first published online: 11 MAY 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 4, pages 1252–1266, July/August 2011
How to Cite
Mannering, A. M., Harold, G. T., Leve, L. D., Shelton, K. H., Shaw, D. S., Conger, R. D., Neiderhiser, J. M., Scaramella, L. V. and Reiss, D. (2011), Longitudinal Associations Between Marital Instability and Child Sleep Problems Across Infancy and Toddlerhood in Adoptive Families. Child Development, 82: 1252–1266. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01594.x
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 11 MAY 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Adoption: Biological and Social Processes Linked to Adaptation, Annual Review of Psychology, 2014, 65, 1, 235, ,
- 2Longitudinal Relations Between Parent–Child Conflict and Children’s Adjustment: The Role of Children’s Sleep, Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 2014, 42, 7, 1175, , ,
- 3Single-parent family structure and sleep problems in black and white adolescents, Sleep Medicine, 2014, 15, 2, 255, , , ,
- 4Randomized trial of Promoting First Relationships: Effects on maltreated toddlers' separation distress and sleep regulation after reunification, Children and Youth Services Review, 2013, 35, 12, 1988, , , , ,
- 5Predictors of children's sleep onset and maintenance problems after road traffic accidents, European Journal of Psychotraumatology, 2012, 3, 0, , , ,