This work was supported by NSF (DLS-0518161 to DMS). We would like to thank all of the parents and children who participated in this research and the Providence Children’s Museum for allowing us to work with children on site. We would also like to thank Karis Casagrande, Brianna Doherty, Caroline Kleeman, Karina Ikezoe, Rachel Shelley-Abrahamson, and Kristen Swan for help with participant recruitment and data analysis.
Mechanism-Based Causal Reasoning in Young Children
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 82, Issue 6, pages 2053–2066, November/December 2011
How to Cite
Buchanan, D. W. and Sobel, D. M. (2011), Mechanism-Based Causal Reasoning in Young Children. Child Development, 82: 2053–2066. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01646.x
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.