This article is based on an unpublished doctoral dissertation submitted to Duke University by the first author. An earlier version of this article was presented at the March 2007 meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Boston, Massachusetts. The research was supported by fellowships awarded to the first author from the Spencer Foundation and from Duke University. We gratefully acknowledge the students and staff at the elementary schools in Granville County, NC and Providence, RI who took part in this research. We also thank Daniel Blalock, Julie Buddensick, Keith Chan, Melanie Dirks, Kristina McDonald, Alison Papadakis, and Elizabeth Van Hooser for their help with data collection, data entry, or consultation on data analysis.
When Friends Disappoint: Boys’ and Girls’ Responses to Transgressions of Friendship Expectations
Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 104–119, January/February 2012
How to Cite
MacEvoy, J. P. and Asher, S. R. (2012), When Friends Disappoint: Boys’ and Girls’ Responses to Transgressions of Friendship Expectations. Child Development, 83: 104–119. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01685.x
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.