This research was supported by funding from the James S. McDonnell Foundation Causal Learning Collaborative. I am grateful to the teachers, staff, and children of the University of Texas Children’s Research Laboratory and Pooh Corner Preschool for participating in this research, and to Susan Gelman and Henry Wellman for useful input on experimental design and manuscript preparation. I would like to thank Leigh Plummer and Andrea Kiss for their able assistance in supervising data collection; Kellie Connors, Kaitlin McLaughlin, and Brooke Wooley for their assistance with data coding; and Sonja Baumer for her mentorship.
Exploring Explanation: Explaining Inconsistent Evidence Informs Exploratory, Hypothesis-Testing Behavior in Young Children
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2011
© 2011 The Author. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 173–185, January/February 2012
How to Cite
Legare, C. H. (2012), Exploring Explanation: Explaining Inconsistent Evidence Informs Exploratory, Hypothesis-Testing Behavior in Young Children. Child Development, 83: 173–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01691.x
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.