Funding for this research was provided by NSF Graduate Research Fellowship and NSF IGERT Trainee Fellowship grants to C.Q., NSF grant HSD-0433567 to Delphine Dahan and D.S., and NIH Grant R01-HD049681 to D.S. Many thanks to Swingley lab members Jane Park, Katie Motyka, Allison Britt, Alba Tuninetti, Gabriella Garcia, Rachel Weinblatt, and Rachel Romeo. This research would not have been possible without the support of John Trueswell and his lab members Katie McEldoon, Ann Bunger, and Alon Hafri, who helped us run our experiments at Philadelphia preschools. We also thank members of the Institute for Research in Cognitive Science at the University of Pennsylvania and three anonymous reviewers for their suggestions. Finally, sincere thanks go to the children, parents, and preschool administrators and teachers who supported this research.
Development in Children’s Interpretation of Pitch Cues to Emotions
Article first published online: 19 DEC 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Child Development © 2011 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 236–250, January/February 2012
How to Cite
Quam, C. and Swingley, D. (2012), Development in Children’s Interpretation of Pitch Cues to Emotions. Child Development, 83: 236–250. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01700.x
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 19 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.