This research was supported by an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship to Amanda C. Brandone, University of Illinois funds to Andrei Cimpian, Princeton University funds to Sarah-Jane Leslie, and NICHD Grant HD-36043 and NSF Grant BCS-0817128 to Susan A. Gelman. We are grateful to the children, parents, and teachers at the UM Children’s Center for participating in this research. We also thank Kristin Lang, Jenna Hedglen, Ben Boldt, Melissa Yako, and the Concepts and Theories in Human Development and UIUC Cognitive Development Labs for assistance in data collection.
Do Lions Have Manes? For Children, Generics Are About Kinds Rather Than Quantities
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 2, pages 423–433, March/April 2012
How to Cite
Brandone, A. C., Cimpian, A., Leslie, S.-J. and Gelman, S. A. (2012), Do Lions Have Manes? For Children, Generics Are About Kinds Rather Than Quantities. Child Development, 83: 423–433. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01708.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.