The work reported in this study was partially supported by the Fondazione Monte di Parma (Research Group for Study on Children’s Motor and Language Development, University of Parma), and by research Grant PRIN 2008 “Gestures and Language in Children With Atypical and at Risk Developmental Profiles: Relationships Among Competences, Mother–Child Interaction Modalities and Proposals of Intervention.” We are very grateful to Michael Arbib for his insightful suggestions on an early presentation of this study and to Diane Brentari for her helpful comments on a previous version of the manuscript. We especially thank the parents who participated in the study. We also wish to thank Mark Kanieff for his helpful comments and for the revision of English.
Early Action and Gesture “Vocabulary” and Its Relation With Word Comprehension and Production
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 2, pages 526–542, March/April 2012
How to Cite
Caselli, M. C., Rinaldi, P., Stefanini, S. and Volterra, V. (2012), Early Action and Gesture “Vocabulary” and Its Relation With Word Comprehension and Production. Child Development, 83: 526–542. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01727.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.