This study was supported by grants to the first author (Kayo Fujimoto) from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (K99AA019699), to the second author (Jennifer Unger) from the National Cancer Institute (5P50CA084735), and to the last author (Thomas Valente) from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (RC1AA019239-01). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health. We gratefully acknowledge Erik Lindsley for valuable discussions, and Steven Cen for consulting on the data set itself.
A Network Method of Measuring Affiliation-Based Peer Influence: Assessing the Influences of Teammates’ Smoking on Adolescent Smoking
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 2, pages 442–451, March/April 2012
How to Cite
Fujimoto, K., Unger, J. B. and Valente, T. W. (2012), A Network Method of Measuring Affiliation-Based Peer Influence: Assessing the Influences of Teammates’ Smoking on Adolescent Smoking. Child Development, 83: 442–451. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01729.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!