This research was supported by grants from the Spanish Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación (AP2005-3561, PSI2009-09066, PSI2010-20294, and CONSOLIDER-INGENIO 2010 Programme CDS-2007-00012), and from the Catalan government (SGR 2009-1521). Núria Sebastián-Gallés received the “ICREA Acadèmia” prize for research excellence, funded by the Catalan Government. We are indebted to Xavier Mayoral for his technical support and to Helena Ràfols and Sara Sáez for recruiting the infants for this study. We thank Christopher Fennell, Juan M. Toro and Kimberly A. Brink for comments on earlier drafts of this paper. Special thanks to all the parents and infants who participated in this research.
The Interplay Between Input and Initial Biases: Asymmetries in Vowel Perception During the First Year of Life
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 3, pages 965–976, May/June 2012
How to Cite
Pons, F., Albareda-Castellot, B. and Sebastián-Gallés, N. (2012), The Interplay Between Input and Initial Biases: Asymmetries in Vowel Perception During the First Year of Life. Child Development, 83: 965–976. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01740.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.