This research was supported by Grant Number R01GM071935 from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, the National Institutes of Health, or the National Science Foundation. Portions of this research were presented at the 2009 meeting of the Society for Research on Child Development, Denver, CO. Thanks to Steve Bearman for assistance with survey design, Margarita Azmitia for comments on an earlier version of this manuscript, and UC Santa Cruz COSMOS students, staff, and instructors for their participation.
Individual Differences in Preferences for Matched-Ethnic Mentors Among High-Achieving Ethnically Diverse Adolescents in STEM
Article first published online: 17 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 3, pages 896–910, May/June 2012
How to Cite
Syed, M., Goza, B. K., Chemers, M. M. and Zurbriggen, E. L. (2012), Individual Differences in Preferences for Matched-Ethnic Mentors Among High-Achieving Ethnically Diverse Adolescents in STEM. Child Development, 83: 896–910. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01744.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.