This research was supported by funding from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Canada Research Chairs Program, and the Canada Foundation for Innovation awarded to S.G. and a SSHRC SRG awarded to E.N. We thank the parents and children who participated in the study. The authors also thank Melanie Khu, Natasha Nickel, Kim Tan-McNeil, and Claudia Bustos for their assistance with this research. Data from this study were presented at the Society for Research in Child Development 2008 Biennial Meeting.
The Development of Preschoolers’ Appreciation of Communicative Ambiguity
Article first published online: 12 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc
Volume 83, Issue 4, pages 1400–1415, July/August 2012
How to Cite
Nilsen, E. S. and Graham, S. A. (2012), The Development of Preschoolers’ Appreciation of Communicative Ambiguity. Child Development, 83: 1400–1415. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01762.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 12 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.