Portions of this research were conducted as part of the author’s Ph.D. thesis from the Ohio State University, Department of Linguistics, completed in December 2008. This research was supported by NIDCD Grant 02932 to Dr. Jan Edwards. I would like to express my appreciation to Dr. Jan Edwards and to my advisor, Dr. Mary E. Beckman, for their generous support in data collection and valuable advice on data analysis. I thank the children who participated in the task, the parents who gave their consents, and the schools at which the data were collected. I also thank the editor, the two anonymous reviewers, as well as Dr. Jennifer Mather for their helpful comments. Finally, I would like to thank Dr. Tamiko Ogura for her generosity in sharing unpublished norming data on Japanese CDI with me.
Language-Specific Developmental Differences in Speech Production: A Cross-Language Acoustic Study
Article first published online: 27 APR 2012
© 2012 The Author. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc
Volume 83, Issue 4, pages 1303–1315, July/August 2012
How to Cite
Li, F. (2012), Language-Specific Developmental Differences in Speech Production: A Cross-Language Acoustic Study. Child Development, 83: 1303–1315. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01773.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.