Portions of this work were presented at the 2010 CEU Cognitive Development Center Opening Conference, the 2010 biennial meeting of the International Conference on Infant Studies, the 32nd annual meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, and the 2011 biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development. This research was supported by an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship to the first author. We are grateful to the teachers, staff, parents, and children at Bing Nursery School and the Arboretum Child Care Center for participating in this research and to Hannah Jaycox, Cole Murphy-Hockett, and Sam Saenz for their assistance with data collection and coding. We thank Andrei Cimpian for helpful comments on a previous draft.
Preschoolers Use Intentional and Pedagogical Cues to Guide Inductive Inferences and Exploration
Article first published online: 27 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc
Volume 83, Issue 4, pages 1416–1428, July/August 2012
How to Cite
Butler, L. P. and Markman, E. M. (2012), Preschoolers Use Intentional and Pedagogical Cues to Guide Inductive Inferences and Exploration. Child Development, 83: 1416–1428. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01775.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.