This research was supported by a William T. Grant Foundation Scholars Award (8054) and a Senior Urban Education Research Fellowship from the Council of the Great City Schools, both awarded to Nonie K. Lesaux. The authors would like to thank Carol Barry, Andrea Anushko, Taralynn Kantor, Amy Griffiths, Phoebe Sloane, Mark Nielsen, Armida Lizarraga, and Julie Russ for their instrumental roles in carrying out the overall study; David J. Francis and Steve Raudenbush for their helpful insights about the design and methods; and Michelle Hastings and Emma Billard for their help with transcription and coding and the anonymous reviewers for their feedback on earlier drafts of this manuscript. We are also grateful to the participating students and teachers.
The Relation Between Exposure to Sophisticated and Complex Language and Early-Adolescent English-Only and Language Minority Learners’ Vocabulary
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 4, pages 1316–1331, July/August 2012
How to Cite
Gámez, P. B. and Lesaux, N. K. (2012), The Relation Between Exposure to Sophisticated and Complex Language and Early-Adolescent English-Only and Language Minority Learners’ Vocabulary. Child Development, 83: 1316–1331. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01776.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.