The research was fully supported by a grant to the first author from the Foundation for Child Development as part of the Young Scholars Program. The authors are grateful to Annette Chin and George McCormick, and the principals, teachers, children, and parents of Central Kentucky. Also, the authors especially thank Heather Young and Ryan Hicks, as well as James Coleman, Lauren Jellison, Donnie Kleine-Kracht, Leigh Anne Koonmen, Nichaela Matthews, Sarah Roby, P. J. Williamson, and Lauren Zumbahlen.
Discrimination, Ethnic Identity, and Academic Outcomes of Mexican Immigrant Children: The Importance of School Context
Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 5, pages 1477–1485, September/October 2012
How to Cite
Brown, C. S. and Chu, H. (2012), Discrimination, Ethnic Identity, and Academic Outcomes of Mexican Immigrant Children: The Importance of School Context. Child Development, 83: 1477–1485. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01786.x
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.