The research was fully supported by a grant to the first author from the Foundation for Child Development as part of the Young Scholars Program. The authors are grateful to Annette Chin and George McCormick, and the principals, teachers, children, and parents of Central Kentucky. Also, the authors especially thank Heather Young and Ryan Hicks, as well as James Coleman, Lauren Jellison, Donnie Kleine-Kracht, Leigh Anne Koonmen, Nichaela Matthews, Sarah Roby, P. J. Williamson, and Lauren Zumbahlen.
Discrimination, Ethnic Identity, and Academic Outcomes of Mexican Immigrant Children: The Importance of School Context
Article first published online: 11 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 5, pages 1477–1485, September/October 2012
How to Cite
Brown, C. S. and Chu, H. (2012), Discrimination, Ethnic Identity, and Academic Outcomes of Mexican Immigrant Children: The Importance of School Context. Child Development, 83: 1477–1485. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01786.x
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 11 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!