Gail Ferguson is now at the Department of Human and Community Development, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.This research was supported by Faculty Development Funds awarded by Knox College and by the Intramural Research Program of the NIH, NICHD. Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the 2011 biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Montreal, Canada, and at the 2010 biennial meeting of the International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development, Lusaka, Zambia. We thank Michael C. Lambert and Diane Putnick for methodological and statistical consultation. In addition, we thank Tamika Murray, Colleen Harden, and Christy Starr for their dedicated research assistance and all participants and participating institutions for their generosity. Special thanks also to the Jamaican Diaspora of the Midwestern U.S. and the Honorary Consul of Jamaica in Chicago, Lloyd Hyde, for support and assistance in sample recruitment.
Tridimensional Acculturation and Adaptation Among Jamaican Adolescent–Mother Dyads in the United States
Article first published online: 11 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 5, pages 1486–1493, September/October 2012
How to Cite
Ferguson, G. M., Bornstein, M. H. and Pottinger, A. M. (2012), Tridimensional Acculturation and Adaptation Among Jamaican Adolescent–Mother Dyads in the United States. Child Development, 83: 1486–1493. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01787.x
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 11 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.