We are grateful to the families and youth who participated in this project, and to the following schools and districts who collaborated: Osborn, Mesa, and Gilbert school districts; Willis Junior High School; Supai and Ingleside Middle Schools; St. Catherine of Sienna; St. Gregory; St. Francis Xavier; St. Mary-Basha; and St. John Bosco. We thank Ann Crouter, Mark Roosa, Nancy Gonzales, Roger Millsap, Jennifer Kennedy, Leticia Gelhard, Sarah Killoren, Melissa Delgado, Emily Cansler, Shawna Thayer, Devon Hageman, Ji-Yeon Kim, Lilly Shanahan, Sue Annie Rodriguez, Chum Bud Lam, Megan Baril, Anna Solmeyer, and Shawn Whiteman for their assistance in conducting this investigation. Funding was provided by NICHD Grants R01 HD39666 (Updegraff, PI) and R01 HD32336 (McHale & Crouter, PIs) and the Cowden Fund to the School of Social and Family Dynamics at ASU.
Mexican-Origin Youth’s Cultural Orientations and Adjustment: Changes From Early to Late Adolescence
Article first published online: 11 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 5, pages 1655–1671, September/October 2012
How to Cite
Updegraff, K. A., Umaña-Taylor, A. J., McHale, S. M., Wheeler, L. A. and Perez-Brena, N. J. (2012), Mexican-Origin Youth’s Cultural Orientations and Adjustment: Changes From Early to Late Adolescence. Child Development, 83: 1655–1671. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01800.x
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 11 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.