This research was supported by grants from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development: K99/R00HD055522 to the author, and P01HD40605 to Susan Goldin-Meadow. I thank the participating families for sharing their child’s language development with us; Anthony Dick, Susan Goldin-Meadow, Janellen Huttenlocher, Daniel Kreisman, and Barbara Alexander Pan for comments on earlier versions of the article; Karyn Brasky, Laura Chang, Elaine Croft, Kristin Duboc, Jennifer Griffin, Sarah Gripshover, Kelsey Harden, Lauren King, Max Masich, Carrie Meanwell, Erica Mellum, Molly Nikolas, Jana Oberholtzer, Lilia Rissman, Becky Seibel, Meredith Simone, Calla Trofatter, Kevin Uttich, Julie Wallman, and Kristin Walters for help in collecting and transcribing the data; Christine Bascetta for coding; and Kristi Schonwald and Jason Voigt for administrative and technical assistance.
A Longitudinal Investigation of the Role of Quantity and Quality of Child-Directed Speech in Vocabulary Development
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 5, pages 1762–1774, September/October 2012
How to Cite
Rowe, M. L. (2012), A Longitudinal Investigation of the Role of Quantity and Quality of Child-Directed Speech in Vocabulary Development. Child Development, 83: 1762–1774. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01805.x
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.