The authors are indebted to children, parents, and staff at nurseries and schools in Oxfordshire and East Sussex, without whom the data presented herewith could not have been collected. We thank Kate Nation, Margaret Snowling, and their research teams for advice on domain-specific predictors of literacy, and Ann Dowker for her input on numeracy. We are also grateful to Chris Jarrold and three anonymous reviewers for feedback on early work on this data set. Ann Steele was supported by a Collaborative Studentship awarded by the Economic and Social Research Council, the William Syndrome Foundation and the Down Syndrome Educational Trust, U.K. Gaia Scerif, Kim Cornish, and Annette Karmiloff-Smith were supported by the Wellcome Trust.
The Multiple Subfunctions of Attention: Differential Developmental Gateways to Literacy and Numeracy
Article first published online: 13 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 6, pages 2028–2041, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Steele, A., Karmiloff-Smith, A., Cornish, K. and Scerif, G. (2012), The Multiple Subfunctions of Attention: Differential Developmental Gateways to Literacy and Numeracy. Child Development, 83: 2028–2041. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01809.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 13 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.