This research was supported by NIH Grant R03 HD054654 and NSF Grant 0953521 to Barbara W. Sarnecka. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation or the National Institutes of Health. We thank the children and families who participated in the study, as well as the teachers and administrators of the following Irvine, California preschools: Jenny Hart Early Education Center, Temple Bat Yahm Preschool, Turtle Rock Preschool, UCI Children’s Center, UCI Early Childhood Education Center, University Montessori and Willow Lane Preschool. We also thank research assistants John Cabiles, Kristen Cochrane, Dat Thai, Gowa Wu, Loan Le, Meghan Li, Elisa Hasrouni, Vanessa Lewis, Christina Tajali, Diego San Martin, Niyati Gupta, and Farah Toullier for their work collecting and coding data; and we thank lab managers Emily Carrigan and Helen Braithwaite for their help organizing the project. Thanks also to Emily Slusser and Meghan Goldman for their comments on earlier drafts.
Number-Concept Acquisition and General Vocabulary Development
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 6, pages 2019–2027, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Negen, J. and Sarnecka, B. W. (2012), Number-Concept Acquisition and General Vocabulary Development. Child Development, 83: 2019–2027. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01815.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.