This research was conducted as the author’s dissertation study at the University of California at Berkeley, and was supported by a University of California Regents Graduate Fellowship to the author. I thank Elliot Turiel, Susan Holloway, and Kaiping Peng for their helpful advice. I am grateful to the participating mothers and adolescents who took time from their busy lives to share with me their views about daily parent–adolescent conflict. I thank Xingyu Pan and Yijie Wang who helped me facilitate the data collection. I also thank Alona Roded for her input on the data analysis.
Chinese Mothers and Adolescents’ Views of Authority and Autonomy: A Study of Parent–Adolescent Conflict in Urban and Rural China
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Author. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 6, pages 1846–1852, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Chen-Gaddini, M. (2012), Chinese Mothers and Adolescents’ Views of Authority and Autonomy: A Study of Parent–Adolescent Conflict in Urban and Rural China. Child Development, 83: 1846–1852. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01823.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.