This research was supported by the Max-Planck-Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Munich, Germany, where the experiments were conducted; by Grants from CFI (203229) and NSERC (322013) to Petra Hauf; and by a Grant from NICHD (HD-021104) to Renée Baillargeon. We thank Kris Onishi for helpful suggestions; the Max-Planck-BabyLab Team, Kailee MacDonald, and Charlene Parker for their help with the data collection and coding; and the parents and infants who made this research possible.
Infants Use Compression Information to Infer Objects’ Weights: Examining Cognition, Exploration, and Prospective Action in a Preferential-Reaching Task
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 6, pages 1978–1995, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Hauf, P., Paulus, M. and Baillargeon, R. (2012), Infants Use Compression Information to Infer Objects’ Weights: Examining Cognition, Exploration, and Prospective Action in a Preferential-Reaching Task. Child Development, 83: 1978–1995. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01824.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.