This research was supported by the Ellison Medical Foundation, the Packard Foundation, the John Merck Scholars Program, and the NSF Career Award awarded to R.S. and Ewha 21st Century Scholarship awarded to H.G. The functional imaging data were collected at Athinoula A. Martinos Imaging Center at McGovern Institute for Brain Research, MIT. Thanks to Laura Schulz for helpful suggestions and comments, to Hannah Pelton, Ali Horowitz, and Michelle Garber for help with stimulus construction, and to Ellen Olson-Brown for making this research possible. Also many thanks to the participants and their families.
Theory of Mind Performance in Children Correlates With Functional Specialization of a Brain Region for Thinking About Thoughts
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 6, pages 1853–1868, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Gweon, H., Dodell-Feder, D., Bedny, M. and Saxe, R. (2012), Theory of Mind Performance in Children Correlates With Functional Specialization of a Brain Region for Thinking About Thoughts. Child Development, 83: 1853–1868. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01829.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!