Support for this study was provided by a grant from the Russell Sage Foundation. We are extremely grateful to the principals and teachers who welcomed us into their schools and to the students who shared their daily lives with us.
To Study or to Sleep? The Academic Costs of Extra Studying at the Expense of Sleep
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 1, pages 133–142, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Gillen-O’Neel, C., Huynh, V. W. and Fuligni, A. J. (2013), To Study or to Sleep? The Academic Costs of Extra Studying at the Expense of Sleep. Child Development, 84: 133–142. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01834.x
[Correction added on 9/7/2012, after first online publication 8/20/2012: Virginia W. Huynh’s affiliation has been corrected to California State University, Northridge.]
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.