I am very grateful to the children, parents, and teachers at the preschools and elementary schools that participated in this research, as well as to the families and staff at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan. I am also very thankful to Kelli Grobe, Joe Dietzel, Abigail Mengers, Lisa Chalik, and David Berman for their assistance with data collection, to Yarrow Dunham and Amanda Brandone for helpful feedback on an earlier draft of this manuscript, and to Karl Edwards for the study illustrations. Funding was provided by NYU challenge funds and NSF Grant BCS-1147543.
Naïve Theories of Social Groups
Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Author. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 6, pages 1900–1916, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Rhodes, M. (2012), Naïve Theories of Social Groups. Child Development, 83: 1900–1916. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01835.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.