Portions of this research were presented at the 2010 International Conference on Infant Studies. We thank all the parents and children who participated. We are grateful to members of the Emory Language and Learning Lab, particularly Maggie Dancel, Ann Marie Finley, Jane Fisher, Anna Heilbrun, and Nassali Mugwanya for their assistance with coding and participant recruitment. We thank Robert Hampton, Lynne Nygaard, and three anonymous reviewers for helpful comments and suggestions on earlier versions of this work. This research was supported by an NSF GRF awarded to SHS and in part by NICHD Grant 5-R03-HD058777-02 awarded to LLN.
Young Word Learners’ Interpretations of Words and Symbolic Gestures Within the Context of Ambiguous Reference
Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 1, pages 143–153, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Suanda, S. H. and Namy, L. L. (2013), Young Word Learners’ Interpretations of Words and Symbolic Gestures Within the Context of Ambiguous Reference. Child Development, 84: 143–153. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01847.x
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.