The Childhood Development after Cochlear Implantation (CDaCI) Study was supported by Grant RO1 DC004797 from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, the CityBridge Foundation, and the Sidgmore Family Foundation. Warranties on the implant devices used by children with implants in this study were discounted by 50% by the Advanced Bionics Corporation, Cochlear Corporation, and the MEDEL Corporation.
Identification of Effective Strategies to Promote Language in Deaf Children With Cochlear Implants
Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Child Development © 2012 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 84, Issue 2, pages 543–559, March/April 2013
How to Cite
Cruz, I., Quittner, A. L., Marker, C., DesJardin, J. L. and CDaCI Investigative Team (2013), Identification of Effective Strategies to Promote Language in Deaf Children With Cochlear Implants. Child Development, 84: 543–559. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2012.01863.x
CDaCI Investigative Team members are listed in the Appendix.
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
- Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- CityBridge Foundation
- Sidgmore Family Foundation
This article has been cited by:
- 1Influence of language nutrition on children’s language and cognitive development: An integrated review, Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 2016, 36, 318, , , ,
- 2A Prospective Longitudinal Study of U.S. Children Unable to Achieve Open-Set Speech Recognition 5 Years After Cochlear Implantation, Otology & Neurotology, 2015, 36, 6, 985, , , , , , , ,
- 3Adequate formal language performance in unilateral cochlear implanted children: Is it indicative of complete recovery in all linguistic domains? Insights from referential communication, International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 2015, 79, 4, 598, , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Developmental and cross-modal plasticity in deafness: Evidence from the P1 and N1 event related potentials in cochlear implanted children, International Journal of Psychophysiology, 2015, 95, 2, 135, , ,
- 5Sources of variability in language development of children with cochlear implants: age at implantation, parental language, and early features of children's language construction, Journal of Child Language, 2015, 1, ,
- 6What can we expect of normally-developing children implanted at a young age with respect to their auditory, linguistic and cognitive skills?, Hearing Research, 2015, 322, 171, ,
- 7Effects of Maternal Sensitivity and Cognitive and Linguistic Stimulation on Cochlear Implant Users' Language Development over Four Years, The Journal of Pediatrics, 2013, 162, 2, 343, , , , , ,
- 8Narrative spoken language skills in severely hearing impaired school-aged children with cochlear implants, Research in Developmental Disabilities, 2013, 34, 11, 3833, , , , , ,
- 9Responsive parenting intervention after identification of hearing loss by Universal Newborn Hearing Screening: The concept of the Muenster Parental Programme, International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 2013, 77, 12, 2030, , , , ,