An earlier version of this paper was presented in the Faculty Colloquium Series of the Department of Philosophy at Yale University in May 2005. I am grateful for the helpful discussion that ensued and also for the more recent comments of Professor Jürgen Habermas. Finally, I would like to dedicate this essay to the memory of Richard M. Rorty, an ecumenical conversational partner of unparalleled generosity.
TWIN EARTH AND ITS HORIZONS: ON HERMENEUTICS, REFERENCE, AND SCIENTIFIC THEORY CHOICE
Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Philosophical Forum, Inc.
The Philosophical Forum
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 1–25, Spring 2012
How to Cite
SIMPSON, L. C. (2012), TWIN EARTH AND ITS HORIZONS: ON HERMENEUTICS, REFERENCE, AND SCIENTIFIC THEORY CHOICE. The Philosophical Forum, 43: 1–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9191.2011.00408.x
- Issue online: 31 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!