For comments on a talk delivered on the basis of these ideas, I am grateful to Frans Svensson and the rest of the Philosophy Department at the University of Stockholm. I am also grateful for written comments from Douglas Lackey as well as from Matthias Hoesch, Sebastian Muders, and Markus Rüther, the editors of a German collection, Glück-Werte-Sinn, which includes a close relative of this article under the title “Das Sinnvolle und das Lebenswerte: Zur Klärung ihrer Gemeinsamkeiten und Unterschiede.” Thanks to Walter de Gruyter, the publisher in Berlin, for permission to reprint the gist of that chapter here in English.
The Meaningful and the Worthwhile: Clarifying the Relationships†
Article first published online: 1 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Philosophical Forum, Inc
The Philosophical Forum
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 435–448, Winter 2012
How to Cite
Metz, T. (2012), The Meaningful and the Worthwhile: Clarifying the Relationships. The Philosophical Forum, 43: 435–448. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9191.2012.00436.x
- Issue published online: 1 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 1 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!