The quotation in the title of this article is from Mark Field, Conservative MP for the Cities of London and Westminster, and can be found at http://conservativehome.blogs.com/frontpage/2011/09/newslinks-for-wednesday-14th-september-2011.html. We are grateful to the British Academy for a grant (SG111341: ‘A new electoral map for Britain’) to cover our research auditing the public hearings accompanying the current redistribution.
‘Somewhat more disruptive than we had in mind’: The Boundary Commission for England's 2011 Proposed Redistribution of Parliamentary Constituencies1
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2012
© The Authors 2012. The Political Quarterly © The Political Quarterly Publishing Co. Ltd. 2012
The Political Quarterly
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 44–59, January-March 2012
How to Cite
JOHNSTON, R., PATTIE, C. and ROSSITER, D. (2012), ‘Somewhat more disruptive than we had in mind’: The Boundary Commission for England's 2011 Proposed Redistribution of Parliamentary Constituencies. The Political Quarterly, 83: 44–59. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-923X.2012.02273.x
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!