Revised version of a lecture delivered to the RSA/ESRC Joint Initiative on The State of Britain, RSA, London, 24 January (1995). I would like to thank Charlotte Dargie (Newcastle) for help in tracking down a diffuse literature and Gerry Stoker (Strathclyde) for advice.
The New Governance: Governing without Government1
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2006
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 652–667, September 1996
How to Cite
Rhodes, R. A. W. (1996), The New Governance: Governing without Government. Political Studies, 44: 652–667. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9248.1996.tb01747.x
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2006
- (First submitted: 27 March 1995; finally accepted: 21 May 1995/i)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!