- Top of page
- The Scholarship of Engagement for Politics
- Going short, local and embedded
- A research-based approach
- Blogging about it: the medium matters
- The shaping power of assessment
Short placements can provide an important and meaningful experience of politics in action for students who are unable to benefit from the generally lengthy placements currently on offer. This article is based on the findings of the three-year HEFCE-funded project The Scholarship of Engagement for Politics and explores the potential of short, local, research-based placements, which are embedded in modules, supported by online journaling and effectively assessed, to enrich students' understanding of politics and enhance their employability.