*This work was partially supported by NASA Grant No. NAG5-9331 to Dr. Michael W. Binford. We are grateful to Emilio Bruna for some useful discussions that helped to refine the contents of this article and to Dr. Peter Waylen who provided invaluable assistance with the technical difficulties associated with programming the neutral landscape model. We are also grateful to Dr. Kelley Crews-Meyer and Dr. Kenneth Young for organizing a special session on Landscape Ecology and GIS at the Centennial AAG Meeting in 2004 from which this article originated and for their continued and tireless efforts to have the outputs from this meeting published together in a top geography journal.
Linking Spatial and Temporal Variation at Multiple Scales in a Heterogeneous Landscape*
Article first published online: 20 OCT 2006
The Professional Geographer
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 406–420, November 2006
How to Cite
Southworth, J., Cumming, G. S., Marsik, M. and Binford, M. W. (2006), Linking Spatial and Temporal Variation at Multiple Scales in a Heterogeneous Landscape. The Professional Geographer, 58: 406–420. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9272.2006.00578.x
- Issue published online: 20 OCT 2006
- Article first published online: 20 OCT 2006
- Initial submission, March 2005; revised submission, January 2006; final acceptance, April 2006.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!