*Many thanks to the small-scale entrepreneurs in Makassar who took the time to talk to me about their work. I am also grateful to Hasbi for his field work assistance, Pak Ahmad Syamsuddin Suryana (Pusat Pengembangan Usaha Kecil Kawasan Timur Indonesia) and Pak Nurman Said (State Institute of Islamic Studies) for their enthusiastic support in Makassar, and Stephanie Coen and Laura Schoenberger for their research assistance in Canada. Thanks also to Wendy Allen, Indonesia Social Equity Project, McGill University, and the three referees for their useful comments.
Small-Scale Enterprise Livelihoods and Social Capital in Eastern Indonesia: Ethnic Embeddedness and Exclusion*
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
The Professional Geographer
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 407–420, November 2007
How to Cite
Turner, S. (2007), Small-Scale Enterprise Livelihoods and Social Capital in Eastern Indonesia: Ethnic Embeddedness and Exclusion. The Professional Geographer, 59: 407–420. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9272.2007.00631.x
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
- Initial submission, February 2007; revised submission, April 2007; final acceptance, April 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!