*We would like to thank the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service for access to the data on which the article is based. In particular, we thank Andy Marles and Dave Bennett of the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service for their help and advice on various aspects of the data sets. The interpretations of the analysis, however, are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Service or any of its employees. The work uses 2001 Census and GIS boundary data obtained via MIMAS CASWEB and EDINA UKBORDERS; academic services both supported by ESRC and JISC. These data are copyright of the Crown and are reproduced with permission of the Controller of HMSO.
The Use of Comaps to Explore the Spatial and Temporal Dynamics of Fire Incidents: A Case Study in South Wales, United Kingdom†
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
The Professional Geographer
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 521–536, November 2007
How to Cite
Corcoran, J., Higgs, G., Brunsdon, C. and Ware, A. (2007), The Use of Comaps to Explore the Spatial and Temporal Dynamics of Fire Incidents: A Case Study in South Wales, United Kingdom. The Professional Geographer, 59: 521–536. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9272.2007.00639.x
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2007
- Initial submission, July 2006; revised submissions, October 2006 and February 2007; final acceptance, April 2007.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!