This article is based on a chapter of Fatma Bircan's Ph.D. thesis (Bircan, 2005) prepared under the supervision of Aysit Tansel at the Department of Economics, Middle East Technical University. Fatma Bircan would like to thank Hakan Ercan, Burak Günalp, Yusuf Ziya Özcan, and Fikret Şenses for their helpful comments on her Ph.D. thesis.† The authors would like to thank Ömer Demir, former president, Murat Karakaş, Özlem Sarıca and Sema Alıcı all of Turkish Statistical Institute for their help in providing and processing the data. This paper was presented at the ESPE conference, 22–24 June, 2006 in Verona, Italy. We thank participants of this conference, Tuncer Bulutay, Murat G. Kırdar, Semih Tümen and an anonymous referee for helpful comments.
Wage Inequality and Returns to Education in Turkey: A Quantile Regression Analysis
Article first published online: 16 JAN 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Review of Development Economics
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 107–121, February 2012
How to Cite
Tansel, A. and Bodur, F. B. (2012), Wage Inequality and Returns to Education in Turkey: A Quantile Regression Analysis. Review of Development Economics, 16: 107–121. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9361.2011.00655.x
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 16 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!