Climate Change and Roads: A Dynamic Stressor–Response Model
Article first published online: 13 JUL 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Review of Development Economics
Special Issue: Climate Change and Economic Development. Guest Editors: Channing Arndt, Paul Chinowsky, Ken Strzepek, Finn Tarp, and James Thurlow
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 448–462, August 2012
How to Cite
Chinowsky, P. and Arndt, C. (2012), Climate Change and Roads: A Dynamic Stressor–Response Model. Review of Development Economics, 16: 448–462. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9361.2012.00673.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 13 JUL 2012
- “Climate Change, Growth and Infrastructure: The Case of Mozambique,” Review of Development Economics 16 (2012):463–75. , , , and ,
- “Explaining Poverty Evolution: The Case of Mozambique,” Working paper 17, Helsinki: UNU-WIDER (2011). , , , , , and ,
- AUSTROADS, Impact of Climate Change on Road Infrastructure, Austroads publication AP–R243/04, Sydney (2004).
- CCSP, Effects of Climate Change on Energy Production and Use in the United States, Washington, DC: US Climate Change Science Program, Department of Energy (2006).
- “Climate Change as Organizational Challenge: Comparative Impact on Developing and Developed Countries,” Engineering Project Organization Journal 1 (2011):67–80. , , , and ,
- Mozambique and the Great Flood of 2000, Oxford: The International African Institute and James Currey (2001). and ,
- COWI, Making Transport Climate Resilient, report to the World Bank, Document P-70922A_02, Washington, DC: World Bank (2009).
- Africa's Infrastructure: A Time for Transformation, Washington, DC: Africa Development Forum, World Bank (2010). and ,
- Scottish Road Network Climate Change Study, Edinburgh: Scottish Government (2005). , , and ,
- “Africa Infrastructure Country Diagnostic: Roads in Sub-Saharan Africa,” Summary of background paper 14, World Bank, Washington, DC (2008). , , , , , and ,
- Industrial Economics, Costing Climate Impacts and Adaptation: A Canadian Study on Public Infrastructure, Report to the National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy, Canada (2010).
- IRF, World Road Statistics 2009, Geneva: International Road Federation (2009).
- “Long-Term Pavement Performance (LTPP) Data Analysis Support: Effects of Multiple Freeze Cycles and Deep Frost Penetration on Pavement Performance and Cost,” FHWA-HRT-06-121, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC (2006). and ,
- Lea International, L. D., Modelling Road Deterioration And Maintenance Effects In HDM-4, RETA 5549-Reg Highway Development And Management Research, Final report prepared for Asian Development Bank (1995).
- 2009), http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE5B701720091208 (accessed June 2012). and , “Africa Seeking $40 Billion/yr in Climate Aid,” Reuters Africa, December 8 (
- “Climate Change and Transportation: Potential Interactions and Impacts,” in The Potential Impacts of Climate Change on Transportation: Workshop Summary, U.S. Department of Transportation, Workshop, 1–2 October, 2002. Available at: http://climate.volpe.dot.gov/workshop1002/ (2002). and ,
- “Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Models for Prediction and Analysis of Ravelling Severity and Material Composition Properties,” in M. Mohammadian (ed.), International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Modelling Control and Automation (CIMCA 2004), Canberra, Gold Coast: CIMCA (2004):892–903. ,
- NOAA, “Heating and Cooling Degree Day Data,” NOAA Satellite and Image Information Service (2009), available at: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/documentlibrary/hcs/hcs.html#51overview
- “Public Investment in Transportation Infrastructure and Economic Performance in Portugal,” Review of Development Economics 9 (2005):177–96. and ,
- “Runoff and Suspended Sediment Yields from an Unpaved Road Segment, St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands,” Hydrological Processes 21 (2007):35–50. and ,
- “The Penalties of Inefficient Infrastructure,” Review of Development Economics 7 (2003):127–37.
- Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (2007). , , , , , , , and (eds),
- Stratus Consulting, Climate Change Impacts on Transportation Infrastructure, Prepared for US Environmental Protection Agency (2010).
- Economics of Adaptation to Climate Change: Mozambique, Washington DC: World Bank (2010). , , , , , , , and ,
- TRB, Potential Impacts of Climate Change on U.S. Transportation, TRB special report 290, Washington, DC: Transportation Research Board (2008).
- UNFCCC, “Support Needed to Fully Implement National Adaptation Programmes of Action (NAPA's), Least Developed Countries,” LDC Expert Group 2009. Bonn, Germany: United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (2009).
- World Bank, A Preliminary Assessment of Damage from the Flood and Cyclone Emergency , Washington DC: World Bank (2000).