Dr. jur. Markus W. Gehring LL.M. (Yale) is a Fellow in Law at Robinson College and Lecturer in European and International Law at the Centre of International Studies at the University of Cambridge and Lead Counsel for Trade, Investment and Competition Law, and Researcher on Concerted Action on Trade and Environment (funded by the European Commission) at the Centre for International Sustainable Development Law (CISDL). The international dimension of competition law and sustainable development was discussed in his chapter entitled ‘The “Singapore Issues”, Competition and Sustainable Development’, in M. Gehring and M.-C. Cordonier Segger (eds), Sustainable Development in World Trade Law (Kluwer Law International, 2005).
Competition for Sustainability: Sustainable Development Concerns in National and EC Competition Law
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2006
Review of European Community & International Environmental Law
Volume 15, Issue 2, pages 172–184, July 2006
How to Cite
Gehring, M. W. (2006), Competition for Sustainability: Sustainable Development Concerns in National and EC Competition Law. Review of European Community & International Environmental Law, 15: 172–184. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9388.2006.00519.x
The author would like to thank A.L. Chua, Professor at Yale Law School, V. Chetty, Director at Edward, Natham and Friedland, South Africa and R. Pittman, US Department of Justice, for their assistance. He also wishes to acknowledge A. Klevorick, J.M. Balkin, R.W. Gordon, S.V. Levinson and the participants in the Law and Globalization Seminar, Spring 2003 at Yale Law School, for their inputs. The author also wishes to thank Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger for her intellectual collaboration and Kristin Price, Researcher, CISDL, for her help in finalizing the article.
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2006
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!