We thank Helge Berger, Menzie Chinn, Sarantis Kalyvitis, Thomas Moutos, participants at the CESifo–Delphi Conference in Delphi, Greece (2006), and two anonymous referees for helpful comments. We also thank Menzie Chinn and Hiro Ito for making the Chinn and Ito (2005) index of capital account openness available.
The Effect of Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates during Currency Crises: the Role of Debt, Institutions, and Financial Openness*
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Review of International Economics
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 559–575, August 2008
How to Cite
Eijffinger, S. C. W. and Goderis, B. (2008), The Effect of Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates during Currency Crises: the Role of Debt, Institutions, and Financial Openness. Review of International Economics, 16: 559–575. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9396.2008.00745.x
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!