GLOBALIZATION AND STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT: AN EXPLORATORY ANALYSIS
Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
© The Applied Regional Science Conference (ARSC)/Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd. 2010
Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies
Volume 21, Issue 2-3, pages 124–142, July / November 2009
How to Cite
Arora, R. U. (2009), GLOBALIZATION AND STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT: AN EXPLORATORY ANALYSIS. Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, 21: 124–142. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-940X.2010.00164.x
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2010
- Final version received November 2009.
- 2007. Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth. Journal of Political Economy 115(6), 925–985. and
- 2001. State Level Performance Under Economic Reforms in India. Center for Research on Economic Development and Policy Reform, Stanford University , California , Working Paper 96, March.
- 2002. State level performance under economic reforms in India. In: KruegerAO. (ed.), Economic Policy Reforms in the Indian Economy. New Delhi : Oxford University Press, 91–125.
- 2007. Uttar Pradesh – Lagging State of India: Economic Development and Role of Banks. Unpublished PhD Dissertation, University of Auckland .
- 2006. Convergence or Divergence? The Impacts of Globalization on Growth and Inequality in Less Developed Countries. International Review of Applied Economics 20(3), 391–410.
- 2006. Globalization and Rural Poverty. World Development 34(8), 1393–1404.
- 2006. Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: What is the Relationship? What Can Be Done. World Development 34(8), 1361–1373.
- 2004. Regional Growth and Disparity in India: Comparison of Pre-and Post Reform Decades. Economic & Political Weekly (March 6), 1071–1077. and
- 2003. Chapter 15: Growth in India's state economies before and with reforms: shares and determinants. In: JhaR. (ed.), Indian Economic Reforms. Palgrave Macmillan. and
- 1988. From Population to People. Delhi , B.R. Publishing Corporation.
- 1961. The Stages of Economic Growth. The Economic History Review, New Series, 13(3), 450–458.
- 2004. Do Party Systems Count? The Number of Parties and Government Performance in the Indian States. Comparative Political Studies 37(2), 152–187. and
- 1992. On Measuring the Quality of Life. World Development 20(1), 119–131. and
- DIT. 2004. India E-Readiness Assessment Report 2004, For States/Union Territories. New Delhi , India : Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India .
- 2001. Trade, growth, and poverty (Working Paper Series No. 2615). Washington , DC : World Bank. and
- 2009. Discovering statistics using SPSS: (and sex, drugs and rock’n’roll), 3rd edn. London : Sage Publications.
- 2006. People Flows in Globalization (NBER Working Paper No. 12315). Massachusetts Avenue , Cambridge , MA, USA : National Bureau of Economic Research.
- 2007. Distributional Effects of Globalization in Developing Countries. Journal of Economic Literature 45(1), 39–82. and
- 1958. The Strategy of Economic Development, Yale University Press.
- 1960. Theories of stages of economic growth. In: HozelitzBF. (ed.), Theories of Economic Growth. Glencoe , II : Free Press.
- 2003. Stages of Diversification. The American Economic Review 93(1), 63–86. and
- 1963. Criticism of Rostow's Stage Approach: The Concepts of Stage, System and Type. The Developing Economies 1(1), 1–17.
- 2006. India's Pattern of Development: What Happened, What Follows? (No. IMF Working Paper, WP/06/22). Washington : International Monetary Fund. , , , and
- 2006. Region, Nation, “Heartland”: Uttar Pradesh in India's Body Politic. New Delhi : Sage Publications. Sage Series in Modern Indian History.
- 1963. Notes on the take-off. In: RostowWW. (ed.), The Economics of Take-Off into Sustained Growth. London : Macmillan.
- 2006. Does Globalization Matter to Income Distribution in Asia? Applied Economics Letters 13(13), 851–855.
- 2001. Chapter 1.1: The growth competitiveness index: measuring technological advancement and the stages of development. In: CorneliusPK, McArthurJW, PorterME, SachsJ, SchwabK. (eds.), Global Competitiveness Report 2001-2002, published by World Economic Forum in collaboration with Center for International Development at Harvard University and Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness at Harvard Business School. and
- 2004. Globalization, Urbanization and Nutritional Change in the Developing World. eJade, electronic journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, FAO 1(2), 220–241. and
- 2007. How Does Globalization Affect Developing Countries. IMF Research, Research Summary 8(3), 1–7. and
- Newell, P., Rai, S.M. and Scott, A., (eds.) 2002. Development and the Challenge of Globalization. London : ITDG Publishing.
- 2006a. Channels and Policy Debate in the Globalization- Inequality-Poverty Nexus. World Development- The Impact of Globalization on the World's Poor 34(8), 1338–1360. and
- 2001. On the Regional Dimensions of Rostow's Theory of Growth. Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies 13(1), 2–19.
- 2006. Mind the Gap- Is Economic Growth in India Leaving Some States Behind? (IMF Working Paper No. WP/06/103). Washington , DC : Asia and Pacific Department, International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- 2006. Globalization of Employment and Inequality: Review Article. International Review of Applied Economics 20(4), 531–534.
- 1960. The Stages of Economic Growth. Cambridge .
- 1978. The World Economy: History & Prospect. Austin : University of Texas Press.
- 2002. Understanding Regional Economic Growth in India (CID Working Paper No. 88). Cambridge , MA, USA : Center for International Development, Harvard University. , , and
- 1984. Revisiting Rostow. The Economic History Review, New Series 37(1), 107–114.
- 2007. The Globalization of Capital Flows: Who Benefits? Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 610, 201–216.
- 2008. India: Is the Rising Tide Lifting All Boats? (Working Paper No. WP/08/54). Washington , DC : International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- 1990. Economic Development and the income of the Poor: A Comment. American Journal of Economics and Sociology 49(1), 53–64.
- UNDP. 2005. Human Development Report 2005: International cooperation at a crossroads: Aid, trade and security in an unequal world. New York , USA , United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- World Bank. 2002. Globalization, Growth and Poverty: Building an Inclusive World Economy. Washington , DC : Oxford University Press.
- 2003. Measuring the quality of life in European Union: The case of Turkey as a candidate country. International Journal of Social Economics 30(11), 1162–1176. and