*I am grateful to H. W. Richardson, D. Greenwood, B. Chiplin and Professors L. C. Hunter and D. S. Lees, for reading through an early draft of this paper and for contributing a number of useful suggestions. Needless to say, any errors or omissions remain my own. This article forms part of a wider study on the economics of professional football. The employment features of the sport are discussed in the author's 1969 paper ‘ The Labour Market in Professional Football’.
SCOTTISH JOURNAL OF POLITICAL ECONOMY:THE ECONOMICS OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL: THE FOOTBALL CLUB AS A UTILITY MAXIMISER*
Article first published online: 9 OCT 2007
Scottish Journal of Political Economy
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 121–146, June 1971
How to Cite
Sloane, P. J. (1971), SCOTTISH JOURNAL OF POLITICAL ECONOMY:THE ECONOMICS OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL: THE FOOTBALL CLUB AS A UTILITY MAXIMISER. Scottish Journal of Political Economy, 18: 121–146. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9485.1971.tb00979.x
- Issue published online: 9 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 9 OCT 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!