This research was supported by grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF 0339070) and William T. Grant Foundation (Grant ID 6934) to Hongling Xie. The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors' and do not necessarily reflect the views of the granting agencies. We thank the children who participated in our study and the schools that assisted our study in various ways. We appreciate the assistance by Tabitha J. Wurster during manuscript preparation and the assistance by Pinky Patel, Ashley Dugan, Ngalula Fleurant, Marisa Gauger, Sara Heverly-Fitt, Phylicia Joseph, and Olivia Taduran in data collection and processing.
Socialization of Physical and Social Aggression in Early Adolescents' Peer Groups: High-status Peers, Individual Status, and Gender
Article first published online: 11 AUG 2011
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd. 2011
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 170–194, February 2012
How to Cite
Shi, B. and Xie, H. (2012), Socialization of Physical and Social Aggression in Early Adolescents' Peer Groups: High-status Peers, Individual Status, and Gender. Social Development, 21: 170–194. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9507.2011.00621.x
- Issue published online: 19 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 11 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!