This work was partially supported by National Science Foundation award NSF ITR #IIS-0331707 and National Institutes of Health award 5 R01 DA012831-05, subaward 918197. I would like to thank Mark Handcock, David Hunter, Hal Stern, and Tom Snijders for their input and advice. Direct correspondence to Carter T. Butts, Department of Sociology and Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences,University of California - Irvine; SSPA 2145, Irvine, CA 92697; (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
PERMUTATION MODELS FOR RELATIONAL DATA
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2007
Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 257–281, December 2007
How to Cite
Butts, C. T. (2007), PERMUTATION MODELS FOR RELATIONAL DATA. Sociological Methodology, 37: 257–281. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9531.2007.00183.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAY 2007
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2007
- 1978. Information and Exponential Families in Statistical Theory. New York : Wiley . .
- 1975. “Statistical Analysis of Non-Lattice Data. The Statistician 24:179–95. .
- 1989. “Generalized Monte Carlo Significance Tests. Biometrika 76:633–42. , and .
- 1998. “Markov Chain Monte Carlo Maximum Likelihood Estimation for p* Social Network Models.” Paper presented at the 18th International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, Sitges, Spain . , , and .
- 1971. “Matchmaking. Annals of Mathematical Statistics 42:578–93. , , and .
- 2003. “Multicollinearity Robust QAP for Multiple Regression.” CASOS working paper, Carnegie Mellon University , Pittsburgh, PA. , , and .
- 1993. An Introduction to the Bootstrap. London : Chapman and Hall. , and .
- 1983. “Combinatorial Procedures for the Analysis of Alternative Models: An Example from Interregional Migration. Papers of the Regional Science Association 53:105–15. , , , and .
- 1997. Markov Chain Monte Carlo: Stochastic Simulation for Bayesian Inference. London : Chapman and Hall. .
- 1992. “Inference from Iterative Simulation Using Multiple Sequences” (with discussion). Statistical Science 7:457–511. , and .
- 1992. “Evaluating the Accuracy of Sampling-based Approaches to the Calculation of Posterior Moments” (with discussion). Pp. 164–93 in Bayesian Statistics, vol. 4, edited by J. O.Berger, J. M.Bernardo, A. P.Dawid, and A. F. M.Smith. Oxford , England : Oxford University Press.
- 1992. “Constrained Monte Carlo Maximum Likelihood Calculations” (with discussion). Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C, 54:657–99. , and .
- 2003. “Individual and Structural Origins of Friendship and Social Position Among Professionals. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 84:340–51. , and .
- 1975. “On Re-Pairing Observations in a Broken Random Sample. Annals of Statistics 3:1364–69.
- 1981. “Permutation Probabilities as Models for Horse Races. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 43:86–91.
- 1997. “Modelling Performance at International Tennis and Golf Tournaments: Is There a Home Advantage?” The Statistician 46:551–59. , and .
- 1987. Assignment Methods in Combinatorial Data Analysis. New York : Marcel Dekker.
- 2006. “Inference in Curved Exponential Family Models for Networks. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics 15:565–83. , and .
- 1979. Introduction to the Theory of Regular Exponential Families. Copenhagen : University of Copenhagen . .
- 1986. Monte Carlo Methods. Vol. I: Basics. New York : Wiley . , and .
- 1987a. “Cognitive Social Structures. Social Networks 9:109–34. .
- 1987b. “QAP Partialling as a Test of Spuriousness. Social Networks 9:171–86. .
- 1988. “Predicting with Networks: Nonparametric Multiple Regression Analyses of Dyadic Data. Social Networks 10:359–82. .
- 1959. Individual Choice Behavior. New York : Wiley .
- 1967. “The Detection of Disease Clustering and a Generalized Regression Approach. Cancer Research 27:209–20.
- 1950. “Notes on Continuous Stochastic Phenomena. Biometrika 37:17–23.
- 1984. “A Method for Testing Alternative Theories: An Example from English Kinship. American Anthropologist 86:668–73. , and .
- 1999. “Logit Models and Logistic Regressions for Social Networks: II. Multivariate Relations. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology 52:169–93. , and .
- 1975. “The Analysis of Permutations. Applied Statistics 24:193–202.
- 1999. “Logit Models and Logistic Regressions for Social Networks, III. Valued Relations. Psychometrika 64:371–94. , , and .
- 2002. “Markov Chain Monte Carlo Estimation of Exponential Random Graph Models. Journal of Social Structure (http://www.cmu.edu/joss).
- 1979. “Testing Statistical Significance of Geographic Variation Patterns. Systematic Zoology 28:227–32.
- 1990. “Models for Distributions on Permutations. Journal of the American Statistical Association 85:558–64.
- 1994. Social Network Analysis: Methods and Applications. Cambridge , England : Cambridge University Press. , and .
- 1996. “Logit Models and Logistic Regressions for Social Networks: I. An Introduction to Markov Graphs and p*. Psychometrika 60:401–26. , and .
- 2003. “The Looking Glass Self: An Empirical Test and Elaboration. Social Forces 81:843–79. , and .